Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 1 - Untried Polish Challenge

Lately I've found a ton of nail polish blogs doing these cool nail art challenges.  Until now my obsession with polish has been restricted to Facebook, but no longer!  I decided that I would participate in a great introductory challenge being hosted by Jonochi @ Just Add Polish.  This one will use 19 previously unused polishes.  Thank goodness I have a ton to choose from.



For the first challenge we were to use only 1 new polish.  Since I can't stop myself from adding something, instead of using another polish to add art, I glued a dried pressed flower I received from Bornprettystore.com and a few purple rhinestones.

Liquid Sky Lacquer - Sugared Berries
Application - smooth
2 coats for full coverage
1 coat SV top coat
Drying time - average

Indoor without flash





I really love these polishes.  The holo is pretty spectacular on this color, especially in the sun.  Sugared Berries is a light lavender base leaning more to blue.

Outdoors direct sunlight





Overall this brand, and this color, are really top of my current favorites list.

This an every 3rd day challenge, so as I was supposed to start it yesterday, I'll be doing the next one Wednesday (2 days from now) to keep up with all the other ladies.  Speaking of, check out this great group also doing this challenge.

Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Amy at Fancy Side
Sam at Polished Art
Patricia at Polished and Glittered
Lizajane at Organic Neglect


1 comment:

  1. I love the color and the packaging of that polish. Thanks for turning me on to the brand! :D

    ReplyDelete