Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 2 - Untried Polish Challenge

For the 2nd challenge of the Untried Polish Challenged hosted by Jonochi @ Just Add Polish we were to select two polishes we hadn't used before.  I chose Glints of Glinda by OPI and a new OPI matte top coat that I bought today. I hope the top coat counts since it manipulates the look of the polish....



I started with two coats of Glints of Glinda followed by a coat of the matte top coat.  The Glinda is so close to my natural nail color that it made for an interesting nude effect in matte.

I stamped a dot matrix / snakeskin'ish stamp to some nails too.  I left them matte and finished with a glossy pseudo french tip.  I used Seche Vite to give the black a very slick look.


I know the photo is a little weird but it was the only way I could get good light on my left hand.

I wanted a separate shot of my right hand since I had used a special nail wrap for my accent nails.

I'm hosting an online party for Jamberry Nails.  I've used a few different brands of wraps and these are by far my favorite.  They were the easiest to get flat and smooth.  They also have over 200 different styles so my next few manicures will have a wrap accent nail (hopefully I can get them all to match so well!)

Anyway if you're interested you can check out my their page for more info.

I picked out an adorable mustache pattern.  I used most of the long wrap on my index finger, then used the 'leftovers' for my middle finger (It's a little to narrow but that's my fault for underestimating the width of my nails).





Remember to check out the other ladies doing this challenge as well!


Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Amy at Fancy Side
Sam at Polished Art
Patricia at Polished and Glittered
Lizajane at Organic Neglect

4 comments:

  1. Love the mustaches! Super cute! I also really like your two colors that you went with for the design.I don't know about you, but I was super disappointed by how sheer Glints of Glinda was, but it is the perfect base for french tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love a nude polish but I agree it was too sheer. It really took thick coats to get it opaque enough for the design.

      Delete
  2. I think that if you buy a new polish every day, it counts as unused!

    Cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mustaches are so cool! I think I want to do a all mustache mani! :D

    ReplyDelete