Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 4 - Untried Polish Challenge

It's day 4 of the Untried Polish Challenge and today was Neutral, Baby!

No wait, that was too much.  Try it again with less feeling...

Neutral, Eh?



Seriously though, who doesn't love a good neutral nail.  It's a must have in a polish collection.  You don't have to worry if it clashes with your outfit or if its appropriate for the occasion.  A nail's 'Little Black Dress'.

In my amazing Sephora score the other day I picked up two new Sephora by OPI polishes.  Hard to beat $2 polish but to score such nice colors too was just awesome.

The lighter shade, Don't Feed the Hand Models, is a very nude beige creme with pink undertones.  I love the way it nearly matches my skin tone.

** I didn't notice until posting this that my fingernails and skin were both stained from the Illimasqua from the last challenge.  In the light of my bathroom, where I do my nails most of the time, they looked normal. **

Application:  Smooth, self levels very well on second coat
Opacity: Needed 2 full coats, in bright light can still see a little nail line
Dry Time: Average

The second shade, Dance till Fawn, is much darker.  I really like this color as an accent, but I'm not excited about it with my skin tone.  It's a dark grey brown creme with blue undertones. I used it for my thumb and a tip on my ring finger.

Application:  Smooth, self levels very well on second coat
Opacity: One thick coat was really all that was needed.
Dry time: Average

I applied 2 coats of SV for a smooth glossy finish and to shorten dry time.




Don't forget to check out these other ladies doing the challenge with me.


Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Amy at Fancy Side
Sam at Polished Art
Lizajane at Organic Neglect
Blueberry Pie at Blueberry Nails



1 comment:

  1. What a great neutral! I just love seeing all of these neutrals and grays!

    ReplyDelete