Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 5- Untried Polish Challenge

Warm Colors

This is tricky sometimes because even a gold can be warm or cool.  It's not as cut and dry as Reds = warms and blues = cools as my husband thought.



I had a tough time picking colors on this one because I have used almost all of my warm colors as they tend to be my favorites, though I have many many more cool colors.

While my indecision lingered I tried another brand of nail wrap.  I know, I am sure other polish lovers would probably throw me the stink eye for using them, but I honestly like them.  I also scored about 10 different ones from Sephora for $3 each.  Not a bad deal as most retail for around $10.

I tried the Trend Tips by OPI - Snake Sparkle


I've tried a number of different wrap brands and this one has the absolute best application.  I had ZERO folds!  (that's exciting) and the excess peeled off easily with a little filing.  They are more like nail polish than a sticker.  I prefer that.





The sun didn't quite catch the shimmer of these.  The glitter reflected in every angle.  I got no less than 12 compliments on my nails with these which is pretty awesome since I only wore it for 2 days. 

Now let's talk about the downside to these - removal.

It took forever to get them off with acetone.  I still have micro glitter all over my fingers. (as seen in later picture)

So as much as I love the look, I don't know that I will wear any of the other glittery ones anytime soon.  

I decided that I would just try and replicate the pattern instead, so for today's Untried Polish Challenge I did a warm version of these wraps.





 Base is China Glaze Magnetix in Gold Fusion - I recently got this on clearance from Sally's.
Its a nice flat gold creme polish.  Two coats was plenty for a nice even polish.  I didn't use the magnet.  I'll admit, I tried using the China Glaze magnet and it barely changed the polish.  Not sure if that's the polish's fault, or the magnet.  I'll have to try one of my other magnet polishes to see.

This picture is without a top coat


You can see some shimmer, but it looked kind of matte to me so I used my matte top coat and really flattened them.


Then I used BM-215 to stamp on a snake skin pattern.  I used another untried polish, OPI's DS Mystery.  It's an odd polish to me.  It's deceptive in the bottle.  Very dark purple jelly with gold glitter.  I've had it a really long time and have never used it. Worked well as a stamp polish though, so maybe I'll keep it after all.

Remember to check out the other lacquerista's doing the challenge with me.


Jonochi at Just Add Polish
Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Amy at Fancy Side
Sam at Polished Art
Lizajane at Organic Neglect
Blueberry Pie at Blueberry Nails
Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Uni at Acetone FIles
Erica at Coat of Mani Colors 







2 comments:

  1. That wrap sure deserved those compliments, it's insanely pretty. I love your rendition, as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice copy of the wraps!

    ReplyDelete