Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 7 - Untried Polish Challenge

Day 7 - Untried Polish Challenge

Oldest polish

This was tricky for me to figure out my oldest polish.  A few months ago I threw out over half of my polishes because they were old, seperated, bad formulas, or just colors I don't like.  I know I've had this one for a long time and haven't used it but it's just a guess that it's the oldest...

I ended up doing a Southwest manicure using OPI San-Tan-Tonio and My Vampire is Buff for a nice gradient.


I used OPI Matte top coat but thought that it looked a little plain.  I also thought it had a little southwest coloration so I found a stamp and added a decoration to dress it up using Konad special polish in white.



I'm having issues with stamping.  I just started doing stamping a couple months ago and I can't seem to get consistant quality.  You can see the broken up pieces of the stamp, though I don't think it takes anything away from the overall look. Anyone have any suggestions?  What am I doing wrong?

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm loving the first pic and the gradient. Very pretty!

    Stamping is pretty difficult, really. It took me about a year of practicing and being pissed at it before I finally got it down decent. But it's so worth it when it works right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So really it is a matter of practice makes perfect! Good to know. I also chopped my nails down a lot hoping that would help too... The long pointy tips were hard to work with.

      Delete
  2. Very sweet! Your gradient is lovely.

    Stamping is hard at first, you do need to practice. I have long nails too and the longer the nails the harder it seems to be to get the stamping right! Try to be quite gentle when you press your stamper on the plate; check that you've picked up all of the design before you apply to the nail, and when you do put it on the nail, use a gentle, slow, rolling motion. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete