Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 10 - Untried Polish Challenge

Day 10 - Untried Polish Challenge

Most expensive

For the most part $8 per full size bottle is my price limit.  I have a few exceptions, but in general, I'm much pickier if I have to pay over that.  This means that my most expensive, that I've paid full price for, is a Deborah Lipmann P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing).  I picked it up during my Jelly fishing trip to Ulta.

I have to say that when I saw this I ooo'd and awww'd over the pink in the bottle, but on my fingers...not so much.  It's just a little too cool, I look better in warm shades.

I attempted a different kind of jelly sandwhich and used a random white polish to create polka dots in between the layers.  P.Y.T. is a very sheer jelly that layers nicely needing at least three coats to be mostly opaque.  This manicure has about 8 layers total.  That's so crazy to say!  Of course I used SV to help dry it quickly.






Check out the layers!!  I was really excited by this one and can't wait to try it with different shades!

Make sure to head to these other ladies blogs...


Jonochi at Just Add Polish
Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Amy at Fancy Side
Sam at Polished Art
Lizajane at Organic Neglect
Blueberry Pie at Blueberry Nails
Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Uni at Acetone FIles
Erica at Coat of Mani Colors 

3 comments:

  1. *Jelly fishing - lol. :D I usually am not so into that big glitter thing, but I like this polish! I love the colors and the contrast of the dots with your pointy nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I think you are crazy! PYT looks great on you. Love the nail shape too. I could never pull that off.

    ReplyDelete