Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 6 - Untried Polish Challenge

Cool Colors - much easier time with this as I have a ton of untried cool colors.



First off, I did this manicure a few days early.  My family is taking a well deserved vacation in early May and I needed to get some of them done early since I won't be changing them while we're gone.  These got done kind of quickly so I have fuzz on my nails from removing the previous manicure and not taking the time to really fix them up again before painting again.  I was being lazy.

So what's cooler than a pale blue?


Pale blue with stamping and glitter!

Base is Sea Spray by China Glaze - another clearance score a couple months ago.
I used Konad's special stamping polish in White and BM-212 for the design.  Not my neatest stamp job, but it was okay.

Sea Spray
Application: Smooth, evened out with 2 coats
Coverage: 2 Coats for full opacity
Description: Pale blue creme with pearly shimmer
Drying time: Slower than average.  It's an older polish though so that may have a lot to do with it.

I applied a coat of Snow Caps by China Glaze to give it an icy feel.  Snow Caps is a thin glitter polish with a very thin white base.  The glitter is an iridescent yellowish gold.

Application: Smooth even on first coat
Coverage: thin - great for a top coat
Drying time - average for a glitter

I finished the manicure off with a coat of SV for glossy finish and speed drying time.




Remember to visit the other doing this challenge with me

Jonochi at Just Add Polish
Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Amy at Fancy Side
Sam at Polished Art
Lizajane at Organic Neglect
Blueberry Pie at Blueberry Nails
Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Uni at Acetone FIles
Erica at Coat of Mani Colors 



1 comment:

  1. I had Snow Caps once... Looking at this mani I think I need it again!

    ReplyDelete