Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 11 - Untried Polish Challenge

Day 11 - Untried Polish Challenge



Almost done!  Wow there are only 5 more manicures to this challenge.  I'm going to have to start looking for a new challenge to join when this one is up.  If anyone knows of a good one, please leave me a comment and let me know.

Today's challenge was ugliest.  Seriously how could anyone own ugly polish?  If it's ugly, I just don't buy it lol.  All my polishes are pretty. ;)

So when I went looking for an ugly polish I hadn't tried yet my pickin's were pretty slim.  I found the one polish I owned that I bought simply because of the name.

My Squishy by Liquid Sky Lacquers.



See I call my 8 year old son, "My Squishy".  I had to buy it...you understand right?

I have to say first of all that this is really not a bad polish at all, I just hate the color blue.  It has to be just the perfect shade for me to even consider wearing it. This however, is not that perfect shade.  That's just my opinion though.

The polish itself is a dark blue jelly with medium blue hex glitter as well as large square white glitter.  As you can see from the pic of the bottle, there is not a massive amount of glitter in this polish, but overall I kind of liked that.  The picture from the website when I purchased it looked like it had more glitter in it.  Only a slight disappointment.  I personally hate removing polish with tons of glitter in it.  I know you can cover your nail in glue (Elmer's) first and it just peels off, but I never think about it in time.  This polish should be really easy to remove, though I am a little worried about staining.  I did have to fish for squares, even after holding the bottle upside down for over an hour before using.

This is four coats plus a thick coat of Seche Vite to dry them quick.  I immediately took these pictures because I knew I would smudge them and sure enough right after taking them I did.

So, this polish, IF you like the color blue, is really great if you like a deep jelly polish.  If you are looking for a true glitter bomb, this isn't it, but is still a very nice polish... even if it is blue.  My nails really do look "squishy".





I added a coat of Spoiled's Shaken Snow Globe to my ring finger for a little extra sparkle.

Take a look at all the other "ugly" manicures from these ladies.


Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Amy at Fancy Side
Amanda at Designer Nail Accents
Sam at Polished Art
Lizajane at Organic Neglect
Blueberry Pie at Blueberry Nails
Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Uni at Acetone FIles
Isabel at Little Fairy
Raux at Raux Polish
Alison at UKNailRunner

1 comment:

  1. Oh I understand. :D I have about ... *estimates wildly * 6 or 7 polishes I bought mostly or all for the name. Ha ha, you know you're addicted when ... I think your son is a better reason than most of mine!

    ReplyDelete