Saturday, May 18, 2013

New Light Box - no more potato pictures!!

I've wanted a light box for a long time, but spending $100 or more on a set always seemed like so much for something so basic.  Today I found a great tutorial on Youtube that showed how to make one out of a cardboard box, some white fabric, and poster board.  I already had the box and the fabric so I ran up to my local office supply store and picked up poster board along with 2 clamping lights.



 So here are a few shots of some of my polishes.  I really just grabbed a few that were handy and started taking pictures.  My goal is going to be to catalog all my polishes, but that might take awhile...  not a bad problem to have though.



Liquid Sky Lacquer - My Squishy
Dark Blue Jelly with small blue hex and medium white square glitter



Deborah Lippmann - Lady Sings the Blues
Untried


Zoya Pixie Dust - (from left) Beatrix, Solange, Destiny
Textured


Illamasqua - Scorch
White Cream
Dry time is FOREVER

All in all I'm pleased with the outcome.  I'll have to work on the placement of the lights and maybe adding a third overhead.  I'm excited about being able to take nice pics of my manicures at midnight if I want to.


5 comments:

  1. Your light box works great. I've got a black background in mine, and it really helped my pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll try a black one too - good idea, thanks!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. What a good idea! I love your blog, and tried to follow, but your follow button isn't showing, and I can't find you on Bloglovin :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, just to let you know, in case you didn't know, that your Captcha word verification is switched on

    ReplyDelete