Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 3 - Untried polish challenge

Ugh!  So I really struggled with this one.  I couldn't figure out how to showcase 3 polishes together - my untried selection appears to be missing colors that go together well. 

Since I was having inspiration issues I decided a little retail therapy was in order and headed over to Sephora.  Omg, they were having a polish sale!   Illamasqua polish for $4, Nails Inc and Sephora brand $2!  I brought home 26 new bottles. 
Sadly, I still managed to have issues.  So here is my 3 color manicure with a 4th bonus color. 

Illamasqua Radium, Viridian, & Baptiste used in fishtail braid.  This nail had so much polish on it!  For a first try its not terrible, but it's pretty bad.  The perfectionist in me wanted to take it all off and do it again nicer, but I realized that 1. It was already getting late and it would take awhile and 2. I'll just get this one over with since I had such issues with it. 

The bonus color is Nina Ultra Pro Electric Slide a really nice neon green jelly glitter. 

Also included is my haul from Sephora.









3 comments:

  1. A hint I learned from quilting is to squint your eyes at the colors and see if you get contrast between them. You want to have different levels-light, medium, dark-in order for them all to show up.
    Nice haul! Why do I never find that? /whine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quilt too and use that technique all the time with fabric. I hadn't thought about it with my polish. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete