Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 14 - Untried Polish Challenge

So it's Day 14 of the challenge and it's time for a little GLITTER!



Actually, I'll be honest, I'm both a lover and hater of glitter.  I love a little bling on my nails but hate having to remove it.

I've heard that you can use Elmer's School Glue as a base coat and within a day or so it will basically just peel off.  I tried it a few nights ago with a cream polish and it gunked up and ruined the manicure.  I think the trick is to let it really really really dry before you paint over it.  I'll have to try it again and let you know.

Okay for this challenge I used Deborah Lippmann's Lady Sings the Blues.  I know I said before that I am not a big fan of blue, but this really falls in the indigo range.  It has a purple'ish tint like new jeans.


This is one of those that I love in the bottle more than I love on my nails.  The glitter is nice, but not my favorite.

It's a deep blue crelly with micro and med silver glitter.





Remember to check out the other ladies doing the challenge...

Masha at Lost In Lacquer
Raine at Lacquer Lily
Amy at Fancy Side
Amanda at Designer Nail Accents
Sam at Polished Art
Lizajane at Organic Neglect
Blueberry Pie at Blueberry Nails
Missy at Gnarly Gnails
Uni at Acetone FIles
Isabel at Little Fairy
Raux at Raux Polish
Alison at UKNailRunner

2 comments:

  1. That is the ONE D.L. I own. I was walking by the display at Ulta and I literally stopped in my tracks. I was on a budget that day, so I put back the two Butter Londons I had, and I am quite happy with this one-at least until it is time to remove. Do you have a tub & brush remover jar? That helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kind of did the same thing when I saw it which is funny 'cause I don't like blue for the most part. I did have to soak them off, luckily though it didn't really stain.

      Delete